Saturday, February 23, 2008

Heartful

Today my heart is full to bursting and I feel like crying all the time.  In the past two years I have learned to not push this sadness away but to allow myself to feel it fully and it will take me to where my soul needs to be.  So often we judge sadness as "bad" and happiness as "good" when really they are just emotions passing through the body and asking us to notice them and follow where they may lead.  Strong emotions are our soul's way of getting our attention.  I often get so busy in my head; organizing, working, coordinating events, playing out my many roles, that I forget to listen to my heart.  I am learning to listen to my heart more though and it rewards me with profound truths that reveal themselves to me through intuition, emotions and dreams. The language of the internal world is rich with images and sensations that I have always felt a need to transform into images for the outer world.  I am closest to this inner world when I am still, when I am in nature or in the presence of great art or other souls who are in touch with their own inner worlds.  The journey of the artist is one of discovering truth and I am discovering  truth can only be revealed incrementally and only when we have prepared ourselves and are ready for it's blinding light.  For me, Beauty has always served as a compass for truth.  When I can feel Beauty enter my body I know I am in the presence of Truth.

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty, that is all
   Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."
-John Keats

No comments:

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...