Thursday, May 21, 2009

Today's Open Studio




Here are some views of the studio today, hard to take interior photos since it is a rather asymmetrical space with huge windows. Lots of friends, support and love, not much in sales. I managed to stay centered for most of the day and survived the continuous exchange and dialogue. There is a part of me that just wanted to close the doors and go back to painting. It is strange to be part introvert/part extrovert. Never sure which part will reveal itself or when. Though I have managed to create a convincing extroverted persona I believe that I have a much more interesting introvert whom is trying to be born. She thrives when I am painting alone in my studio. I have done a small watercolour of these two inner figures and will try and photograph it so I can post it.

5 comments:

Poetry in the Global Box said...

Your work is wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

Patrice said...

I wish I could participate in an open studio... There's so few artists in my immediate area who are more than part-timers... and I live "way out there" so getting folks to actually come is next to impossible...

But perhaps it's better for my ego if I don't allow the public in (heh)...

jamenta said...

What a beautiful artist bona fide artist studio!

Unknown said...

So much lovely art...thanks for sharing it with us!

Roy said...

Wow! You have a lot of work hanging there! You really need to have another show.

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...