Thursday, September 24, 2009

Intimate Landscape

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Two of the places in Parc Mont-Tremblant that I have been painting for over 20 years! I return to these waterfalls,woods and river every year. I have painted them in watercolours, acrylics, oils. I have sketched them and photographed them. I have come with friends, family, other artists, and alone. When one sits quietly and begins to look and listen, the landscape reveals herself, slowly at first but over the years, more and more intimately. Today when I returned, my being responded with the first sharp scent of forest, by dropping into an open relaxed state instantly. I could feel the colour green touch my eyes. The sound of the river soothed my head, cool forest air released muscle stiffness. I felt hair curl and skin soften with the moist air. My breathing slowed to match the rhythm of the woods ancient heart beat. I was home.

I sat and walked along the river for many hours, touching, smelling and listening to
a symphony of colour and sound. Today was a day of photographs for future paintings. Photos I will use to provoke memory of this sacred sanctuary that resides both inside and out.

4 comments:

Man Named Kim said...

photos capture a perspective of beauty, but i'm with you - if they can help us remember the larger experience, it make for more creative expression.

such beauty here.

jamenta said...

I miss the fresh smells of the woods so much!

Anonymous said...

I wish to see the paintings.
Please.

Detlef Cordes said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures.

Isn't it magic with some places, isn't it a blessing? Just as easy as turning a key - and the door opens.

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...