Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Finished


I think this one is finished. I am letting it "simmer" as is for a while anyway. I am extremely happy with the results,
I love the balance of warm and cool colours. I like the way the painting feels alive with movement and reflects the
energy and struggle that went into it's creation. I don't know what other people see when they look at this work but
it has become more and more important for me to feel a certain harmony and balance with the end result and not
worry about what the outside world is seeing. The only way I can truly paint these days is from the inside out, this means
allowing the brush to move intuitively and trusting all the years of work I have put into studying techinique and observation. Now all that input has settled inside my bones and can flow out of my brushes with joy and passion, unhindered by self-conscious restraints. Painting has become such a dance of joy for me and I love it and need it as much as the air that I breathe. Today I bought more canvas, I am overflowing with new ideas for paintings and can't wait to get started on the next piece!

2 comments:

Marina said...

Your work is constantly in progress and beautifully illustrates harmony and lightness (légerté). The feeling I get from looking at this painting is a warm emotion that lifts me as if I we're ready to fly. I got tears in my eyes and just thought of beauty. Thanks. Keep up the wonderful work your inner self and your art.
Marina Conforti

Marcy said...

Intriguing ... as if the leaves are an enticement, welcoming one into the wood that lies beyond. It's striking.

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...