Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Progress of a Painting






Been fighting a migraine for the last few days again.
Always a drag when it interupts my flow of work. Here's the piece I have been working on for the last few weeks. First
an underpainting of transparent oxide red.


Next I started to add some colours and more cad red fire in the underpainting of the forest.


The canvas is large 72" x 60", I had to have help stretching it and it's still not as tight as I'd like it to be. I have to use
a step ladder to reach the upper section which makes the actual painting very physical. It feels a lot like dancing once
I am totally engaged in the play of colours, shapes and movement. Hopefully I will be able to work on it more tomorrow, as
usual there seems to be a struggle between light and dark going on within the work.

No comments:

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...