Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ekphrasis

Blue with Raven

Raucous
Here’s a blue background more hue-raucous
than the one fierce raven standing against it.
So raucous I cover both my ears before shading
my eyes. Even if painted on a canvas flocked
by a dozen ravens, this blue would still shriek
a crack-of-the-dawn warning. Wake up. Time to
scatter away the craven dreams. So would say
such a blue: this Aegean-cleaving peacock


Therese L. Broderick

Ekphrasis is poetry about art, Therese can tell you more about it on her blog Ekphrasis
Therese and I connected through Every Photo Tells a Story, another interesting blog that posts visual prompts for artists of all disciplines. I really love the experience of a poet translating my painting into a poem, it adds another dimension of meaning for myself, for the poet and for the viewer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly!

I just put up a haiku of this piece on Twitter.

It's now called a "haiga"! :D

Patrice said...

Ah - you know I love this - and I'm a fan of Every Photo Tells a Story too...

I'm eager to check out Ekphrasis - as soon as my eyes adjust from all that electric blue...

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...