Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Stillness

There is a point where in the mystery of existence contradictions meet; where movement is not all movement and stillness is not all stillness; where the idea and the form, the within and the without, are united; where infinite becomes finite, yet not ~ Rabindranath Tagore


  

In the midst of a very full, activity laden day, I encountered stillness at the
side of this small lake. My whole being expanded and became still with the lake.
It was remarkable to feel this enormous stillness as
part of all the movement within me.


Time spent steeped in forest spirit
soothes the flesh though soul is bared,
in the stillness is remembrance
of how vast and loved we are.
~J Brehmner




 Gratitude to my friend, Dominique Normand for sharing her stillness of place with me today.
 






No comments:

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...