Saturday, September 28, 2013

Abundance in the Adirondacks

It has been a while since I have posted anything. I have been off on many new adventures and it has been hard to keep up with my online communication. A tremendously full and prosperous summer has flown by. There has been much hard work, lugging paintings to and from exhibitions, working at starting up "ArtBomb Montreal" and continuing to paint in spite of all this activity.

On top of Panther Mountain, Adirondacks, NY

 The highlight of my summer and the counterpoint to all this business has been some dazzling moments in the Adirondacks. My muse seems to love it there and every trail hiked or waterfall discovered opens up another possibility for a painting. The paintings continue to pour forth and I am grateful for this.

Gray Morning 24" x 30 in process

Heron's Homeland, 24" x 30" in process







 "In some mysterious way woods have never seemed to me to be static things. In physical terms, I move through them; yet in metaphysical ones, they seem to move through me."
- John Fowles



 I was fortunate enough to visit this beautiful region in the summer but now I have returned in the autumn and the firey colors of the turning leaves only enhances all the beauty tenfold.


 

I have the good fortune of a small secluded cabin to return to in the evenings where I can paint to my heart's content, without distraction, listening to music and the quiet of the night while I paint. There is no greater joy on earth for me.





Looking down into High Falls Gorge





"Every day I discover more and more beautiful things. It’s enough to drive one mad. I have such a desire to do everything, my head is bursting with it" ~Claude Monet









1 comment:

Maureen said...

What a wonderful source of inspiration. It's been a long time since I was in the Adirondacks. Everyone should make at least one trip there. Your photos capture some of their extraordinary beauty. Thank you for filling me up.

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...