Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Heights & Depths


Here is the latest in the Falling Water series. This one is literally a leap off the cliff for me. I did a sketch for this piece about 8 months ago just before I felt the world crumble away from under me and I fell (or was pushed?) from a great height into the depths of emotional despair. The subject matter comes from inside rather than outside and it begins in the light of the moon, with well defined patterns and shapes falling down into the depths of a darker place.



Darker but somehow more honest, emotionally.
This is a turbulent and dangerous place I have entered but necessary for the time being. I like the feminine quality of the piece and feel I have moved into richer, deeper territory. Often the painting is ahead of my mind and I don't want to disturb it's natural unfolding with too many thoughts yet.

No comments:

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...