Friday, May 4, 2007



Another Mylar watercolour sketch done in the forest. Drove to Montreal today to pick up several larger pieces I had framed. I have built quite a body of new work around me over the winter months and now I'm ready to move them into the world. It feels good to be working on lighter pieces with my watercolours and working outside again is heavenly! The river is rushing, the earth is warming, life is stirring everywhere. After a long winter of inspiration and inhilation it feels like a huge exhilation, I feel exhilirated and vital again! My colours are brighter and I'm working faster and freer than ever before with my watercolours. Working into the wet pigment with pastels and watercolour pencils as well, lots of fun and fully engaging...thinking of working some words, poetry and text into the sketches.

No comments:

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...