Thursday, May 3, 2007

A painting a day for the month of May


Today I spent the day nourishing myself in the woods after a five day blow-out migraine! The pain is hard to remember when it stops but so all consuming when it is in my body.

Spring day, alizarin crimson buds make the hillsides shimmer in pinks and mauves. The first stirrings of tree life, silent and strong. The forests are gently waking up, found a tiny double violet all curled in on itself to keep warm.


I want to try and do a painting a day in May, these are the first two. I painted these small watercolours on pieces of mylar. This is the first time I've tried this and I love the results. The water sort of floats on top of the mylar and then I can work into it with wc pencils, very sensuous and flowing to work with.

No comments:

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...