Sunday, May 13, 2007

Spring Energy


Colourful Forest - Mixed Media on paper
These are fun and fresh to do. The watercolour feels so light and free like the spring air. I feel like I have come through so much darkness lately that the new spring light seems to illuminate everything around me with a new vividness. Just drove home from Ottawa in the golden shimmer of the setting sun, extraordinary light washing the landscape all the way home.
Met lots of talented artists and great people at the Festival. Didn't sell a single thing but lots of positive feedback on my "Falling Water" pieces. Exhibiting my new work gave me confidence in the authenticity of the direction I have chosen. I feel strong and centered in my painting and full of new ideas and enthusiasm. Can't wait to get back in the studio tomorrow.

No comments:

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...