Friday, January 29, 2010

Dancing in the Flames

The progression in the studio over the last two days. Small watercolor sketch translated onto larger canvas and now I am dancing with fire
in the studio! I love this dance with paint, everything else goes away and there is just the dance of colors and swirls and movement! I am
right inside the painting and letting it spin me and spit me out when it's done! Today I l was listening to Coleman Barks reading/singing from
the Persian Ecstatic poets as I worked, these poems enter on a nonverbal level and dance their way into "a place where language is inside seeing."

Posted via email from hollyfriesen's posterous

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

theroaringinside.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...