Saturday, October 27, 2012

Calgary to Invermere

I am now represented by Latitude Art Gallery in Calgary. The last of my larger paintings were left at this gallery on 11th Ave in Calgary. I am delighted to now have representation in Saskatoon and Calgary galleries. The van is becomes lighter as I move further Westward.

 

 These are the three paintings that were chosen for this gallery.
Blood of the River God / 36" x 48" / acrylic on panel board

Lumen Naturae / 48" x 36" / acrylic on panel board
Alchemy of Clouds / 24" x 30" / acryiic on panel board
Usually you can see the Rockies looming in the distance from Calgary but as I left it was lightly snowing and cloudy so I didn't see them until I was right in them and the clouds shifted. As always, when I encounter these magnificent mountain beings I am completely awed and humbled by their presence.

 
I made a quick drive through stop in Canmore and Banff, two places I would have liked to have spent more time in, visiting people and exploring the towns. It seems I will have to do this trip again at a more leisurely pace.


There was a brooding, mysterious mood to the mountainous drive yesterday. Very little traffic and these majestic beings appearing and disappearing around me as I drove through them. Their physical presence is so overpowering and always remind me how small and insignificant we are as individuals. I had a similar feeling when I visited the groves of Redwoods in California.  Although all of the earth is holy, one feels on sacred ground here.


 I was happy to see that this sign is still just outside of Radium. I lived in these mountains many moons ago and I always loved driving by this sign.

 




 

 

I stopped beside the Kootenay River to just listen and gaze at this crystal cold clearness. I love rivers and this one was so alive and pure, you could see all the river pebbles just below the surface of the rushing water.


 I have arrived in Invermere and am staying with Joanne and Drew who took me out for an excellent dinner last night, overlooking the beautiful valley that they live in. Tomorrow I head for Kamloops and I can't wait to see my Amy!!




No comments:

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...