Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween in Whistler & Squamish



A few of the excellent pumpkin creations I have encountered in Whistler. Seems the Halloween spirits are high with a full moon in a cloudy, rainy sky.


Spent the night at my cousin, Shannon's place high up on a hill in Whistler. A ridiculous number of stairs to climb but once you arrive the view is stunning, even on a rainy evening.
We had a wonderful catch up visit and she filled me in on living in Whistler with three snowboarding, freestyle skiing boys who adore living there! This morning I awoke to pouring rain! Lots of it! Checked out the Whistler Galleries which are gorgeous but unfortunately most were closed today except for Mountain Art Gallery which had some exceptional work. I would love to have this gallery represent me in the future.


 I then drove on to Squamish where I am visiting with my Aunt and Uncle. I love this little town in the mountains. It is spectacular, even with all the rain I can feel the natural beauty that surrounds the town.
 The Chief, a rock climber's paradise. A huge, smooth rock face that erupted up out of the ground and stayed there as a gigantic chunk of solid rock. The yellow leaves below were enormous, you can't tell in the photos but they were the size of a pumpkin, perhaps the leaves of the Devil's Claw tree that I remember from living in BC a few decades ago?


  With 3 big umbrellas we braved the rain and treked up to see the spectacular Shannon Falls. These Falls can be but a small trickle at times but not today!! They were absolutely roaring down the cliff of rocks and the river was churning! Awe inspiring to say the least!





 The Roaring River!









1 comment:

Maureen said...

Wonderful pictures of the rushing water.

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...