Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Crying Rocks

When I am able to be still enough or moved enough, something inside me opens up and I can "feel" what needs to be painted from within. As within so without. I believe that psyche and soma are deeply connected. Today I experienced apprehension, disappointment, fear, sadness & loneliness. When given the space to paint in my studio the tears flowed in release of all these emotions, I painted with the tears and listened as the rocks cried their ancient stories. The rocks hold me steady with their patient energy and allow me to access undiscovered places within.

4 comments:

Poetic Artist said...

What beautiful sadness.. It is true how in our life they go hand in hand.
Katelen

Anonymous said...

I was pondering about this painting for days. I wanted to be sure what I wrote captured the essence of this piece. I think your paintings have gotten more challenging for me, but I so do enjoy the challenge. It makes me keener to the eye and heart.

Here's the tanka (also on Twitter):

when these rocks break open
salt water flows from heart to eyes
falling to earth
a cyclic rebirth
of thunderstorms uprooting seeds

This painting was emotionally raw yet poignant.

Jeannette StG said...

Holly, the hugeness of these rocks are magnified by their reflections - great painting, and I have a similar feeling about rocks - their solidity bring me comfort!

Sylvia said...

This is a magnificent painting. It must rest your spirit to have a place like this, whether it is real or in your imagination. You have an extraordinary gift.

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...