Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Road Home (now less travelled)

Here is the completed 36" x 48" painting of the 8" x 10" graphite and acrylic sketch done previously http://hollyfriesen.posterous.com/the-road-home-11

I enjoy doing the small version first as I can plan things and then let loose in the larger version with more confidence and zest!
Today I read (on @KellyDiels blog) these words.. "leavings have led to profound findings" http://ow.ly/JSs7

Sometimes letting go of old forms is so frightening and painful that we cling fast to them which leaves little space for the new forms to emerge and grow.
I have managed to let go and a vast expansive space has opened up before me, far greater than I ever even imagined was possible.

This "road home" serves as a metaphor for leave taking, expanding and a rediscovery of the home that lives within.

Posted via email from hollyfriesen's posterous

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yes your right Holly. Lovely work, really strong.

jbkrost said...

hey,
nice....good breaking of the canvas
glad your on your "road home"
jb

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...