Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dark River Voice

As I walk I begin to leave behind the visual noise of town. A welcome insulation of stillness falls around me. I breathe in the cool air and breathe out the hot fire of pressing thoughts.

 



I notice how the light falls and illuminates certain patterns, my eyes begin to open to what is there before me. I start to notice all the life within the pulsating silence.

 



Patterns begin to emerge.

 



A surprise bridge brings a direct encounter with the thick, slow movement of a partially frozen river in all her delicious darkness.

 



She unfolds herself leisurely, sensuously winding along the frozen shoreline.

 



I am taken with her dark beauty and pause to watch & listen as her shimmering reflections speak in all their nuances of grey.

 



An unexpected light thrills me with warmth, illuminating the river's wintery & somber demeanor.

 



She radiates a glowing smile from her sleepy winter journey.

 



I watch attentively as she reveals more of herself in undulating curves of such beauty that I feel myself falling...

 



in love again. Her beauty has no limits, as she begins to speak through her curves, her shapes, her sounds, her colors..

 



I can feel only love, expressed in curves so sweet I want to cry out in wonder.

 



Shapes shift.

 



Water moves.

 



Perception is altered. I am restored. I will return to my studio and attempt to translate into paint this river's rich and resonant voice of winter.

Posted via email from hollyfriesen's posterous

2 comments:

Anthony Duce said...

The places you have for inspiration and subjects… I envy you. Wonderful photos, and as always, I enjoy your words.

Holly Friesen said...

Thanks for your frequent visits and comments Anthony, always appreciated and glad you could join me for a walk along the river. :)

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...