Friday, April 8, 2011

Coming into Existence

Often another smaller painting or two pops up as I paint the larger piece, this one is lying on the floor beside me as I splash and reverberate from the horizontal surface to the larger vertical surface on the easel. Informative and necessary for me to interplay between the two as I work, a dialogue is created between the works in progress and myself, a triangle of energy sets itself up in the studio. I am in uncharted terrain at the moment, treading water and just keeping afloat as I try new ways of being within and without. Colors and edges speak in different tones and sounds as they bump up against each other, revealing new ways of singing and dancing together.
painting in progress / 24" x 30" / acrylic & mixed media
Dsc04101_2
painting in progress / 54" x 72" / acrylic and mixed media
Dsc04103_2

 

1 comment:

jbkrost said...

Holly..
These are superb!!
I see the direction, the top one is done.............just right, not overdone, not under done, just right

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...