Monday, February 24, 2014

Painting on the Floor

 The other day I needed to find a spot to work out the composition of a painting I want to do. I noticed the cardboard on the floor was beckoning me so I sat down and started working out the shapes and colors.

 
 This was a fun way to sketch and now the map for beginning my new painting is right at my feet for easy reference.
 A few other things are happening in the studio at the same time, These two are in process and leading me far away and deep inside. The huge tree is being inspired by a large maple I encountered in Connecticut not long ago. When I paint this beautiful tree being I can feel the strength of the tree within my own body. There's something about trees that I just can't stop painting...



No comments:

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...