Friday, December 19, 2014

WARMTH

Stir it Up by Walt Pascoe

For the past couple of months I have been wearing my curator's hat. Having worked as curator for ArtBomb for 16 months I became acquainted with many Montreal artists and their diverse artworks.
I left ArtBomb to pursue my own painting in more depth again but I remained in close contact with many of the artists. This Fall I decided to put out a call to Montreal artists for artwork related to the theme of WARMTH. In the midst of January and directly after the overindulgence of the holidays I felt it might be a good time to reassess the year in a group exhibition revolving around the theme of "Warmth". What makes us feel good from the inside out? I received 200+ submissions and was given the challenging task of selecting a cohesive body of work to illuminate the theme. The result is a show of scintillating warmth and alluring subjects.

"Warmth" promises to be an enticing event. A leisurely afternoon vernissage on Sunday, January 11 from 2 to 4pm with a traveling barista and coffee bar in keeping with the theme. The show will continue until January 20th at the E.K. Voland Art Gallery in the building where my studio is located at 4710 rue St Ambroise in Montreal (St Henri).

If you would like to attend the opening please rsvp HERE for a free ticket which you can bring to the vernissage where you will be entered in a draw for "a warm surprise".

The exhibition will continue until Jan 20 and the hours are 11am to 3pm weekdays or by appointment: 514 713-6583

No comments:

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...