Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Summertime Tripping


What a summer it has been! 
"Trip the Light" road trip covered 10,000 miles in 2 glorious months. Starting in Boston, Walt and I headed for Montreal, crossed Canada to Vancouver. Spent time in Tofino, Salt Spring Island, Galiano, Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, South Dakota, Colorado and back to Litchfield, CT. I hope to write a more expanded itinerary and produce a book of this trip over the ooming winter months. Stay Tuned.


We saw an abundance of beauty in every landscape we crossed. Prairies, lakes, old growth forests, precambrian rocks, canyons, mountains and oceans. All of it was magnificent and much of it still glorious and wild and free! It 
made us so grateful to be Alive!

Hiking and Exploring the Rainforests of Tofino, BC



The Pacific West Rim

The Grand Tetons, Wyoming

Evening Light along the Road Somewhere
Somewhere beautiful
South Dakota Badlands
Oregon Coastline


Lake Louise, Alberta
 Shortly after returning. I had two different shows In the Adirondacks as well as one in Stanstead, QC. 


Galerie Le Vieux Forgeron, Stanstead, QC
Finally the dust settled and there was time
again for hiking and paddling in the Adirondacks. My source and sustenance is in those forests, rivers and rocks. I have been "image gathering" for months now. Thousands of reference photos, sketches and impressions have nourished my soul from the inside out and I am ready for the long winter months ahead where I can transmute those images, impressions and experiences onto canvas. 

Paddling Middle Saranac Lake, NY

Hiking Hurrican Mountain in the Adirondacks, NY


Finding Balance on Balance Rocks on Equinox

 None of this journey would have been the same without my partner in all things. The love of my life, my muse, my inspiration and my best friend, Walt.

We laughed, we cried, we fought, we sang, we danced, we wept, we stood in awe of the whole damn miracle of Life and were amazed by what we found along the way.


One of the most marvellous discoveries along the way was the generosity of the people we met as we moved through space and time. Old friends and new, all were equally a joy and a delight to encounter as they gleefully shared their particular patch of planet with us.
We have much gratitude for each and every one of these dear hearts.

A Revolution of the Spirit, it is in YOU or it is nowhere.

We both will continue to trip the light as our journey continues.

One. Day. at. a. Time.

Walt & I tripping the light in Oregon (photo credit: Kat Ostrow)

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Such a marvelous journey you two had (may I say I'm jealous?).

I love that final picture of you and Walt. You both inspire me and give me reason to understand the full meaning of that phrase "One. Day. at. a. Time".

With admiration, M

Demetrios Papakostas said...

I followed your trip this past summer as best I could but you seemed to move faster than I could keep up with. Seeing you, experiencing your trip from afar, I only wished that I could one day do as you did.
You are a true inspiration to me and I think to a lot of artists and even normal people by what you do and the way you do it.
I wish you nothing but true happiness to both you and Walt.
Thanks for keeping my fire lit.
D.

Holly Friesen said...

And you are an inspiration to us Demetrios! Can't wait to see each other again and exchange stories!

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...