Thursday, March 12, 2009

Palette

My Iphoto has been malfunctioning lately and giving me endless grief so I am unable to post new images at the moment. I am posting a photo of my old oil palette, not only because I find it beautiful but to inspire myself to get back to oil and leave the acrylics behind for a while.  Oils are more luscious and delicious to work with, but also slower drying which is always a challenge for my impatient nature.  I also find the colours deeper and richer, especially the darks so this post is a challenge to myself to break out the oils again.

3 comments:

Jeane Myers said...

good morning Holly - your palette is beautiful - sometimes some of the best stuff I create is paint accumulation on various surfaces in my work space - agree about oil paints, but alas, I'm also too impatient and my studio is pretty cold most of the time so drying becomes an issue...

Stephen Dell'Aria said...

Nice photo of your palette. I could not paint a landscape in acrylic paint, the stuff sets up way too quick for me but when I’m masking off the abstract paintings the opposite holds true, I need the paint to dry right away. I agree with you, oil paints have a deeper richer color to them than acrylics.

Anonymous said...

Hello all
http://www.performancesporthorses.com/ - klonopin pill
Patients who are physically dependent on this drug should be slowly titrated off under the supervision of a doctor to reduce the intensity of withdrawal symptoms.
[url=http://www.performancesporthorses.com/]clonazepam drug[/url]
Patients who are physically dependent on this drug should be slowly titrated off under the supervision of a doctor to reduce the intensity of withdrawal symptoms.
buy clonazepam
5, 1 and 2 mg.

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...