Sunday, March 8, 2009

Three Muses

Three Muses created from the previously posted watercolour sketches.
I am in love with this new way of working, collage, glazing and playing with textures.  I particularly love the way the landscape and rocks are managing to work their way in to the pieces.  I LOVE painting, it really is so nonverbal and visceral for me at times, as if it is my lover!  For several years I have been working on extra large canvases so these smaller pieces seem to create a more intimate portal for myself and the viewer. Now I need to get back in the studio and work/play! Too much time has been spent fixing broken things.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful work and your joy shines through. you are quite lovely too <:

Jeane Myers said...

I really like these!

Karen said...

Oh Wow ! I love these , Beautiful work Holly, and I love what you said about the whole painting process :-)

Karen said...

Hi Holly would you visit my site you have been awarded, could you pass it on to two other people,

Stephen Dell'Aria said...

Hi Holly, I just learned of your blog through Morgaine's blog. Very nice work; I'm glad I stopped here.

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Painting is prelinguistic, intuitive and a type of visual prayer.
When I read what you write, I am so in tune with the way you speak about the process!

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...