Saturday, April 7, 2007

Painting with a Tribe


I have been driving into Montreal once a week to paint with the artist, Harold Klunder at the Visual Arts Center. This has been an exciting and stimulating experience. The group that paints with Harold is an inspiring and dedicated group of artists whom have become like a inspirational family. Harold himself has been a gentle guide who has helped me make the transition from painting by observation to painting from the heart. I have learned so much with this group. This is the painting that is in the current student show at the Visual Arts Center. It is one of my transitional works. I started with a reference photo but did the painting from a drawing and left the photo behind.

No comments:

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...