Wednesday, March 31, 2010

3 Small Stories in Stone

These are three small paintings (12" x 24") that I completed last week. I find that working small is much
more of a cerebral process than the gut inspired dance I usually do w/ my larger works. These three
pieces became a story from the stones and rocks that I love and admire so deeply. They each taught
me something new about painting from the inside/out of the rocks and though they were painted w/
much focus and direct intent they still whisper secrets from within the nonverbal realm.

Posted via email from hollyfriesen's posterous

No comments:

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...