Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sky Falling into Water

Two new pieces that I have been working on since September. These two paintings have gone through many
variations, transmutations, alterations, dissolutions & integrations...now, finally, they feel fully absorbed. So
much takes place on an instinctual, nonverbal level when I paint...at one point, the brushes were interfering
with the process so I dropped them and started to paint with my hands, it felt like I had become the rocks,
water and sky...sometimes painting is like a portal into a more integrated world, an imaginary world, but somehow
more real in it's visceral body revelations.

Posted via email from hollyfriesen's posterous

2 comments:

Anthony Duce said...

Wonderful movement in each of them.

Patrice said...

I especially love the upper one. Very dynamic.

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...