Thursday, May 17, 2018

Green



An aptly timed exhibition as the tender green buds of Spring burst forth with life!

A road trip to Cooperstown, NY brought me and my paintings to the delightful and well established Smithy Gallery. Three floors of artwork exploring Green as a secondary color with secondary meanings.  





 
I am most honored to be exhibiting with such an accomplished and diverse group of artists as selected by the Cooperstown Art Association.




The Smithy is a well preserved Black Smith shop from 1776 - Three floors have been converted to an art gallery and an outdoor courtyard as well as a ceramics studio out back. 




 



I was thrilled to share a room with ceramist artist Diana Hall, whose organic and forms and luminous sculptures are the perfect palette and pairing with my paintings.

 



The exhibition continues until June 17th and is well worth visiting if you are in the area. Cooperstown is also a charming destination with much to discover in a beautiful green landscape.
















No comments:

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...