Saturday, February 14, 2009

Life Model watercolour sketches




Last Tuesday we had an exquisite model, she was a dancer and radiated pure grace as she sat for us. The model's energy can make such a difference in the results of the drawings. I particularly loved all the beautiful red, silk cloth that she provided. Returning to work with the model is pure joy for me, for three hours my head empties completely, I think of nothing and become fully present in the moment. The time just flies by, I am always surprised when the 3 hours are finished. Drawing from the model reminds me of the similarities between the human form and the landscape. I want to explore this more. I am particularly enamored with the female form at the moment.

4 comments:

Jeane Myers said...

Hi Holly - these works feel very alive - I love your excitement about your work.

Karen said...

beautiful work Holly, love these.

Lady Farrah's by Locklear said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!

Leslie Avon Miller said...

I love your work, and your passion. Yummy!

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...