Saturday, May 16, 2009

Flooded with Images



My muse is in a generous, loving mood these days. I must have 8 or 10 canvases on the go, all sizes, shapes, colours, textures. I can't keep up with the outpouring, one thing leads to another. The faces keep appearing and I find them rather mysterious and interesting to watch as they evolve into entities with a life of their own. After a day of painting I seem to have a heightened awareness of the world around me. I arrived home after a spring rain and the evening light was golden and alive. I was compelled to walk in the lingering mist and listen, smell and taste the world around me. I am so amazed and grateful to alive! Here are some words that came to me as I walked in the warm rainsoaked evening:
dusk drips darkness
over fragrant wet lilacs
as birdsong speaks of love
in the apple blossoms.



4 comments:

Carol Anne Strange said...

Your studio space is fantastic, Holly - and it's good to hear that you're experiencing a prolific creative period. Wonderful!

Your images and words are inspiring!

jeff said...

Le portrait me fait penser à un Picasso ! Tu as décidemment du talent ! Où vas-tu chercher ton inspiration ?

Thankx !

Karen said...

I love to see these pictures you put on of your studio Holly, Wonderful that you are so inspired,

Jeannette StG said...

I like your faces - they are full of expression. I am envious of your studio space! On the other hand, I never would come out LOL

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...