Friday, May 22, 2009

Another Rock Spirit Emerging



Painting never ceases to amaze and fascinate me! Today I went in to the studio and didn't have the heart to take all the work down so puttered around for a while, a few people dropped by, and then suddenly I knew I had to paint from inside the rock again. Really important to be available for these bursts of knowing. Here are the results, I am enjoying this process immensely. The primal body connection I feel for the paint and collage is solid and grounding. I seem to know intuitively what colours and shapes will say what needs to be said. The faces that emerge are surprising to me at the same time as they are familiar.

6 comments:

jamenta said...

There is something a bit scary with the one at the bottom.

Cyndee Greene said...

These are magnificent Holly!
I love all of your painting/collage from inside the rock! They are absolutely fascinating!!

Anonymous said...

I love the colours and textures and the way the faces emerge from the image.

tohidasart said...

I love ur work,all of its really great.

John Amenta said...

Just realized that if you recall the Pink Floyd "The Wall" album covers, your painting possesses a similar theme.

Poetic Artist said...

I love this work..Emerging as an artist..working from within to come out and reveal yourself.

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...